At SPORK! we value the individual voices that make up the differently able communities and work hard to ensure that we accurately represent their stories. This means that we are always looking for new contributing writers, commentators, reviewers and biographers with a strong voice.
Some of the great perks about writing for SPORK! are:
- Writings are featured and cataloged on sporkability.org
- Free Social Media advertising
- Published portfolio on a nonprofit website
- Flexibility in writing schedule and topic subject
--- Note: Unpaid position ---
--- To apply, please send resume and writing sample to email@example.com ---
As Grant Writer you will assist Whitney Hill, Director of SPORK!, in finding and writing applicable grants. These duties include preparing grant proposals through research, being familiar with SPORK!’s programs, goals & financial needs as well as keeping careful records for tracking purposes.
Research grant-making organizations and analyze them to identify likely funding sources for specific projects. Develop individual grant proposals in accordance with each grant-making organization’s preferences and precisely follow each grant-making organization’s guidelines. Keep in contact with grant-making organizations during their review of a submitted grant application in order to supply additional supportive material.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Exhibit strong expository writing skills and a high-level command of grammar and spelling
- Must be able to work on several projects at once under tight deadlines (Government policies and online submission processes change frequently)
- Ability to review the budget of a project for which funding is sought and make recommendations to better present it to grant-making organizations
- Able to manage & supply progress reports when required
- Certificate from the American Grant Writers' Association (AGWA) and/or the Grant Professionals Association (GPA) is highly recommended.
Telecommute - Chicago, Illinois
- Grant Writer position filled as of April 2016 -
--- To apply, please send resume and work sample to firstname.lastname@example.org ---